The 2017 IECHE conference is designed to address the role of Saudi Universities in achieving the goals of Vision 2030. In order to better prepare for a future less dependent on oil exports, universities will need to realign current practices concerning teaching, research, linkages with the labor market and international collaboration in order to support the transformation of the economy. Vision 2030 sets forth a blueprint for sustainable, long-term development, recognizing Saudi youth as the true wealth of the Kingdom and assigning education a major role in achieving the 2030 goals.
The conference that will complement the International Exhibition in 2017 will address how higher education must and can contribute to a dynamic and sustainable economy. The conference will host, as speakers, a roster of distinguished university leaders whose vision and efforts have altered the shape of higher education in their respective countries.
Conference sessions will address the following issues:
• Transforming Saudi universities into world-class institutions
• Bringing universities closer to the labor market
• Innovative models for higher education
• What the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will need from future university graduates
• Improving university teaching and learning to develop talent
• Rethinking teacher education
Date: 12-15 April 2017
Venue: Riyadh International Convention and Exhibition Centre (RICEC), King Abdullah Road
Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia