Global Knowledge Index Workshop - Amman | This is an open call for the youth in Jordan (aged 18-30) to participate in the Global Knowledge Index (GKI) 3-Day Workshop tackling the results of Jordan in the GKI 2018. Participants have an opportunity to win a valuable prize – details of the prize will be announced during the workshop.
Deadline for submission: 13 March 2019
Within the continuous effort to promote the Global Knowledge Index (GKI) as an advocacy tool and to widely disseminate and embed it in policy debates, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Knowledge Foundation (MBRF), under the umbrella of the Knowledge Project, and in partnership with the Ministry of Youth in Jordan and Abdul Hameed Shoman Foundation, are launching a GKI Workshop in Jordan. We are calling youth in Jordan to weigh the results of their country in the Global Knowledge Index, in line with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, and come up with policy recommendations on how to enhance their living conditions.
- a university graduate or undergraduate?
- capable to process data and produce analysis and recommendations?
- have a vision for your country?
APPLY NOW to join the Global Knowledge Index 3-Day Workshop – and to team up with other youth from Jordan and become part of an exciting and challenging workshop to submit the best policy recommendations based on the main findings of Jordan in the Global Knowledge Index. All the applicants’ expenses will be covered by the organizers.
Areas to be addressed
The Global Knowledge Index 2018 ranks Jordan 76th out of 134 countries with a score below the world average. The workshop aims at joining Jordanian youth to design a detailed action plan to solve the intractable challenges preventing the Jordanian society from being a knowledge society. Participants are expected to perform analytical and logical reasoning to generate practical recommendations, which will be presented to decision makers to reinforce the efforts towards building a knowledge-based society. The performance of Jordan on the Global Knowledge Index 2018 will be the starting point.
Sectors of the Global Knowledge Index to be covered:
- Pre-university education
- Technical and vocational education and training (TVET)
- Higher education
- Research, development and innovation (RDI)
- Information and communications technology (ICT)
* Participants are requested to select one or two sectors to work on.
* Participants will work on the analysis during the first two days of the workshop and will present their findings/recommendations during the last day to decision-makers.
* Detailed topics will be shared before the workshop.
Interested applicants are expected to submit a complete application form.
* Incomplete submissions will be automatically considered non-eligible.
* You can present your submissions in English or Arabic.
* Participants are expected to be living in Jordan.
* Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
* Individuals from minority groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
* Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by 15 March 2019.
* This call is not open for staff/intern working at any UN agency.
Send your complete application to the following email AKP@undp.org
An evaluation committee from different fields – development practitioners, economists, and statisticians – will select 100 youth to participate in the GKI 3-Day Workshop in Amman.
On the last day of the GKI Workshop, the evaluation committee will select the top team to win a valuable prize – details of the prize will be announced during the workshop
Global Knowledge Index 3-Day Workshop | 26-28 March 2019
Under the patronage of the Prime Minister of Jordan Dr. Omar Razzaz, the workshop will bring together 100 applicants to participate in an exciting and challenging event to collectively think and engage with one another and assess the results of Jordan in the GKI, and accordingly come up with policy recommendations under the above-mentioned topics.
* The working languages of the workshop are English and Arabic.
* The workshop will take place in Amman, Jordan.
Download the detailed Call for Applications and the Application Form.
The workshop is being carried under the umbrella of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Knowledge Foundation (MBRF) Knowledge Project, in partnership with the Ministry of Youth in Jordan and Abdul Hameed Shoman Foundation.